Reply to post: Re: creating a website that will attempt to list all those rates

Are EU having a laugh? Europe passes hopeless cyber-commerce rules

Sir Runcible Spoon

Re: creating a website that will attempt to list all those rates

"So you are pro-Brexit because we don't get enough European TV?"

Hardly, I was just pointing out that I, personally, don't feel part of Europe as much a part of the US. If I stick to UK News Channels, there is usually quite a few US based news articles that could be considered fairly local to the US and not really international news - likewise there's very little about what's going on in European countries (if they are mentioned not in much depth) - so I do watch a lot of European news channels (as well as the odd US one too just for reference).

"Also, I take it you're not a fan of French or Scandinavian crime drama on BBC4?"

Not a big fan of crime drama, but I take your point; although I didn't say it didn't exist, just that the ratio is heavily weighted to US based media.

My point is, I don't feel very European when I'm in the UK. If I go to Europe I usually end up coming home thinking that I live in a 3rd world country for a start. The *people* of Europe are great, and having close ties with our neighbours is always a good thing - but no not wanting to hand over our democratic rights to self-serving bureaucracies with nameless/faceless leaders does not make me anti-Europe - it makes me anti-control-freaks (whoever they might be).

We keep getting told we are better off in the EU and changing it for the better from within - which is a ludicrous concept to me. We are better served by striking out on our own again and re-writing the rule book as we go. Cutting the red-tape by about 50% would be a massive boost to our ailing industries.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon