Reply to post: Re: Extinguish...

Microsoft's Windows Phone folly costs it another billion dollars

0laf

Re: Extinguish...

Agree, I've a 920 and it's been a good phone. I really liked the Mix radio and I used the nav as an emergency on a few occasions and it worked well enough.

I liked the tile interface and the phone has always been fast and stable, and unlike my last Samsung it is actually quite good at being a phone.

But WinPho seems to be the embarrassing deformed child in the MS cellar. They won't kill it but they will slowly starve it to death whilst telling everyone they're looking after it well.

It was never going to do well in personal hands but there was a lot of adoption of WinPho into government. But again MS seems to have done everything they can to stop that working out well. You can't manage the phones properly unless you're on the latest server versions, MS won't talk to MDM vendors so you need the MS solution plus an other one for you iPads and other devices. No remote password reset. Stupid enforced choices like lock out times, and reminders. MS has a thing against "10min", you can have 5 or 15 but not 10. It's my bloody phone and I might want a 7min reminder.

Constant reminders to get 'Office for android' when I plug in my WinPho.

I do wonder if Satya Nadella is actually a plant from Google. If so he's working out well.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon