Reply to post: Re: The end of passwords?

Google to kill passwords on Android, replace 'em with 'trust scores'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: The end of passwords?

@Zilla - that depends on your definition of progress, now, doesn't it? If your definition of progress is every last little new thing that Google flings at you, then yes, I'm amongst the cave-dwellers, as I prefer to use my critical faculties to decide whether what companies want me to use is up to scratch or not.

If, however, your definition of progress is the introduction of new technologies that are likely to work well and make life better, then I'm not a cave-dweller - but I will say no to stuff that's thrown our way that has clear drawbacks and possible dire consequences if/when it fails.

For me though, the point of failure is Android itself. No, actually, cancel that; it's the modern 'smartphone', but Android just appears to be the worst (due to insecurity) of the OS's on offer.

Personally, I've no intention of paying desktop PC prices for something insecure which I've little control over that's sold filled with crapware I've no interest in, and which can't be removed. Hence no smartphones for me. A dumb phone plus a Psion II would suit my needs far better than any current smartphone (and would probably be cheaper too, if they still made P-II's).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon