Reply to post: Lolz

A UK digital driving licence: What could possibly go wrong?

Outcast

Lolz

I'm (Now) a 55 year old trucker. When you get to the age of 45 you have to go or a FULL medical to make sure you're not going to die at the wheel (or less likely anyway).

I received my "Section 88" at the beginning of March. My Licence expired the day before my 55th birthday (DOB 20th April) so I quickly had my medical and sent it all off.

3 weeks later the replacement still hadn’t arrived so I did the online check and it showed my LGV had expired.

So I phoned them up and was made to feel like a naughty schoolboy for asking about it.

Basically they said "You've got nothing medical wrong with you so you're ok to drive" But that won't wash when you're stopped by DVSA at 02:15 on a rainy monday morning and they check online and... Your licence has expired !

They impound the wagon !! So our company wouldn't let me out on the road. Miraculously the shunter had a load bar fall on him and was off for a fortnight so I covered in the yard for him.

The licence still hadn't arrived or the online version updated two weeks afterwards and the shunter was due back. I had to get them to Fax our company a "Section 88" cover note for me.

I got my shiny licence back last week with my nice UK flag on it !!

I really don't hold any faith in the licence being digital !!

http://i.imgur.com/WJ0Qh4J.jpg

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon