Reply to post: Re: driving licence is NOT an ID

A UK digital driving licence: What could possibly go wrong?

Chris G

Re: driving licence is NOT an ID

I am so pleased to note that there are other old fuddy duddies reading the Reg who, like me have held on to their old paper licences. I still use mine here in Spain, the police and hire companies are quite happy when I produce it so I will keep it for the next 5 years until it expires, after which I may get a plstic one printed in Phu-ket!

I just can't wait to see how many screw ups there will be with multiple levels of ID authentification kept on smart phones including your digitised biometrics. And just as they were becoming less nickable because everyone had one, now it will be as good as nicking your wallet.

Usually, as soon as a technology becomes the norm for a given security use, someone will have found an enterprising way of cracking it and making it a source of ill gotten gains, this 'Security' won't be any different!

Don't think having an iPhone will save you because the FBI have difficulty getting into them, the FBI (in theory) won't drag you down a dark alley, nick your phone and beat the crap out of you if you don't tell them the pass code.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon