Reply to post: Re: Re @AC

The PC is dead. Gartner wishes you luck, vendors

Dadmin
Facepalm

Re: Re @AC

Small point, but; "no touch screen"

Then don't touch it! You do know that you can pair a normal bluetooth mouse to any Android device and it just puts up a standard pointy cursor for you, don't you? I've not tried this on my new iPhone, but I suspect its the same; someone plopped in support for a standard mouse driver, but it's not an attractive feature for most users, so they say nothing about it, but it's right in there for you to use.

Personally the PC market is an overpriced joke. Unless I'm going to get a high-end gaming rig, which I can just build myself, the "reward" for updating the hardware (better graphics, faster apps, quieter fans, bigger mem and disks) is almost non-existant. There just aren't that many daily apps (applications for you old, crusty types) that require more horsepower than what you can get in a budget system.

I do plan on updating my aging MacMini(circa 2008) soon, but for PC I really don't have a need since I am mostly a console gamer. The prices for hardware need to come down for people to upgrade and use a desktop system. Perhaps there are too many manufacturers and some need to step aside or get purchased by a bigger player?

Personally, I got gifted a Lenovo x220 core i7 with 16GB of RAM and a 200GB+ SSD last winter when my last gig's regular IT crew were upgrading the laptop fleet. My bro said "hey, you want one of these old laptops?" Now I have a dedicated Linux Mint system and if need be a Windows 8 OS without a license. Works in a pinch when some payment site has their services locked into an IE browser only mode. Anyway, do I even need to mention Raspberry Pi? Holy crap, even Intel does not get the picture; no one is going to buy a $250+ NUC system when, if you don't live under a rock, you can get a killer box for less than $40 for the naked board. NO ONE!

REPENT SINNERS, BEFORE YOU WASTE MORE MONEY ON HARDWARE THEY SHOULD JUST GIVE OUT FOR FREE!!11

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon