Reply to post: Cmon guys, some of you have studied system theory...

Microsoft and Hewlett Packard Enterprise salute EU flag, blast Brexiteers

itzman
IT Angle

Cmon guys, some of you have studied system theory...

Which is able to respond faster to inputs, and is more stable, a series of units with localised feedback coupled together with quite low overall feedback, or a mass of units coupled together all with delays and lags and just one overall feedback path?

I mean, your car has spark advance and retard and mixture controls on the dashboard so you, the centralised authority, can monitor the engine state and continually adjust it as road conditions change?

Of course it doesn't. The engine management system is almost completely autonomous and the only input the driver has is the go faster pedal, and even that isn't less and less mechanically connected.

How many more incredibly bad decisions, incompetent blunders, failure to respond in time or adequately do we have to live through before the real reason for Brexit, that a tightly controlled political Union is a totally cr@p way to run a continent, for reasons that have nothing to do with politiics or ideology, becomes apparent?

Igf I wanted to design a political system for a stable and flexible response to a changing world, out of te peoples of Europe, the first idea I would throw out would be a massive single centralised bureaucracy.

Id probably start with tribes, and small geographical units, and put localised feedback in this, and call them 'counties' and then have them represented at a larger scale in pockets of similar geography, called 'countries. and then have a very very lightweight executive, probably on a voluntary basis, to handle continent wide issues.

I certainly wouldn't have Germany trying to replicate the British Empire, in the 21st century.

Empires are so last century.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon