Reply to post: Re: Good for competition?

US work visas for international tech talent? 'If Donald Trump is elected all bets are off'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Good for competition?

Example: me, right now, and I'm suing. What planet do you live on? No, the employment tribunal does *NOT* cover this for contractors, which is who the victims most frequently are, having been forced into contracting by employers who refuse to fairly hire them on staff.

BTW so far my costs are 35 thousand pounds. I have had to source that money from my savings. I have not yet been allowed to give evidence because defendant onshoring company has billions of pounds to pay for a superb legal team who have blocked me from submitting a statement. BTW, they have a court record of simply forcing these cases to either give up altogether, or settle for pennies, because the court award comes nowhere near the legal costs which are not fully covered by judgement. I have been told countless times by London Financial services companies "I would like to hire you, but my manager insists on "offshore resource" (LOL! "offshore" means onshore, except if you say "onshore" too loud it might cause problems). If you walk round any London FS shop, you will see entire floors of onshorers, who have replaced local staff for no other reason than lower wage costs.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019