Genie, bottle, get back in - no chance!
The advantages of adblocking:
1) Prevent malware attacks.
2) Stop tracking / spying.
3) Internet speeds up.
4) Save money on bandwith charges.
5) Less irritation.
1) Your favourite websites lose out on revenue.
1) Paywall - bye, bye users.
2) Time sensitive - paid users view first, non-payers later.
3) Product placement / paid endorsement - works to a degree depending on relevance.
4) Host the adverts on the same site (won't get blocked) - will never work as the advertisers won't trust the site owner.
5) Charge the ISP's as a revenue source - would have to be voluntary but could work if planned properly.