Reply to post: Are you reading this Virgin Media....????

We will end misleading broadband adverts, thunders ASA...

Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
Thumb Down

Are you reading this Virgin Media....????

Hello Virgin Media...

1. The line rental standing charge element is a con and should be wrapped up in the overall cost.

2. The key element for me however is banning (you/these) companies from raising costs 1/2 way through an agreed contract terms just because the "terms and conditions" say you can. If you want me locked in for 24 months then it needs to be on an agreed term cost, just like any other commercial contract would be. The costs of my home BB infrastructure does not change that much over 24 months to justify the regular price gouging that you seem to feel you are allowed to get away with.

3. You should be legally obligated to state your contact telephone number clearly and squarely on the "contact us" section of your webshite. I should not have to dig through reams of obfuscating submenus and FAQs that purport to "aide" but generally don't resolve anything, simply because you've decided to not adequately fund your support organisation.

NB: That said, I do generally receive what I pay for in terms of line speed so no real complaints there.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon