Reply to post: Re: His (her) Master's Voice

Ten years in the clink, file-sharing monsters! (If UK govt gets its way)

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: His (her) Master's Voice

@"Perhaps you were misled by the headline. The penalty for industrial scale digital piracy is being brought into line with the penalty for physical piracy and counterfeiting. These are not torts."

I notice you said "industrial" and not "Commercial scale" since the proposal doesn't limit itself to any commercial activity.

i.e. a torrent might have 100 people on it, hence *industrial* scale piracy. A youtube tribute video with a Prince song on it, 1000 views, industrial scale piracy. Already the penalty is 50,000 quid, your home for your tribute video! So the penalties are already excessive. Commercial scale piracy would also lose all profits too.

This is the Tescos baroness, the former Tescos Director who retired in 2013.

She says "Creative industries add £84.1billion to the UK economy each year" in this report, but that looks to be mainly retailing, i.e. Tescos selling DVDs and CDs is being counted as creative industry GDP.

She was never elected, she was given a Baroness position after he 'success' at Tescos and then appointed again by Cameron to be a minister. So she doesn't answer to Joe Pubic, she's very much a cronies crony.

So will the people who been involved in Tescos accounting black hole be prosecuted and given 10 years in prison?

Tell me Serious Fraud Office, how come Tescos has taken 9 *BILLION* in consolidated profit hits in the last 3 years, yet the underlying supermarket is profitable???

www.tescoplc.com/index.asp?pageid=30

250 million black hole admitted? Yet 9 BILLION hit on the consolidated profits sheet so far!

Will those involved be given 10 year prison? Or will you cut some deal with the company to let them off?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon