Reply to post: Re: Paid to watch smut

Sysadmin given Licence To Perve shows why you always get it in writing

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Paid to watch smut

'..Did make dealing with some people awkward, looking them in the eye difficult, and staying far enough away not to shake their hand essential.'

A couple of nights monitoring of one of the top 10 World Uni departments web traffic, if it fell into the wrong hands (e.g. Undergraduates) would probably lead to a faster issuing of Degrees and Doctorates than this lot ever could achieve.

String Theory?, more like Whips'n'chains the practical...and what exactly was it that Japanese schoolgirls and tentacles have to do with quantum physics again?

As to the hand shaking etc. Retreating to a nice secure server room took care of the need to physically interact with these characters, passing the buck onto a minion helped when they required a physical presence..

Needless to say, that level of web monitoring didn't last, we switched to a different method, but certain filter rules generated 'too many false positives' so were dropped..I got the PHB to send me an email instructing me to remove these ones so that there'd be no comeback.

'..So many, many, things you cannot unsee - mind bleach would be useful.'

Mind Bleach?, well, alcohol and time works...lots of both...I'm glad I no longer have to go through this sort of crap on a daily basis for a living.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon