Reply to post: tax rate

Woz says 'Jobs started Apple for money' – then says it must pay 50% tax like he does

Nunyabiznes

tax rate

I think if you add up everything tax you pay you would be astonished.

This is for the State of Montana, USA.

Fed. income

Fed. SS

State income

Medicare

fuel tax

taxes and fees on electric, natural gas, phone, internet, cable...

We don't have a state sales tax, but we do have "resort" taxes.

My town is trying to push through their application as a resort town and pass an additional gas tax.

Taxes (registration fees and property tax) on automobiles

property taxes (city and state)

Hotel "bed" tax

Special Road Improvement Districts, park taxes, sidewalk fees, tree fees (you have trees? here's a tax. We won't do anything to them or help you trim them but pay up. Oh, you don't have trees? Here's a tax for not having them!) These are in addition to tax money set aside in the budget from the property taxes.

Yadda, yadda.

This is for Joe Blow citizen that doesn't have taxable investment income, secondary sources of income, etc.

Other states have sales taxes from the state, county, city, and even neighborhood in some cases (generally a leftover from a town tax when the town got annexed into a bigger city).

Let

I know there is quite a bit more that I'm missing - but you get the drift.

Taxes are part and parcel of civilization. We have to have them to fund things for the public good.

My contention is that all of these chips at the stone are wearing it down to gravel. Waste, corruption, abuse, unnecessary services...

I hadn't heard of the BEPS guidelines but I'll have to read up on them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019