Reply to post: No reason to upgrade...

Game over for Xbox 360

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

No reason to upgrade...

* Prefix this by saying I'm mostly the car-racing / shooter type. So coming from that POV, games on the Xbox-180 or PS4 have only marginally better graphics and the gameplay isn't much better. Take Forza-Horizon-2 with its cars falling through the landscape etc. Driver-SF is a better looking open-world driving game (despite being ubisoft-ware)...

* I still play early driving series like PGR3/4 too... It hasn't got the shininess of the latest Forza or all the latest cars, but it drives well and the game is just more fun.

* I still highly rate Far Cry 2 and find it more enjoyable and more cohesive as an interactive experience than FC3 or FC4, and I own them all.

* Same with COD... Sure, there's bots / zombies in later versions, but that's about it. The PC version had bots / zombies since COD2 / COD4, plus loads of free user maps....

* Still prefer Hitman-Blood-Money, its more fun than Absolution... Still play a lot of Skyrim too, because its just so beautiful...

* Have games really gotten any better? Console games anyway... Maybe its me, apologies if so..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon