Reply to post: Re: Kudos to the idiot responsible

UK authorities probe 'drone hitting plane at Heathrow'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Kudos to the idiot responsible

@"The idiot or idiots responsible should be lashed to the tailpipe of a Tornado or a Typhoon and re-heat engaged."

Why? Why would you kill someone for doing something that resulted in no detectable damage to an aircraft? That's just hyperbole.

I don't think you know what hyperbole means. However, heat has always been an acceptable method of sterilisation, in this case applied to the part of the gene pool we don't want to reproduce much.

@"Meanwhile over in the US, some states have made shooting down a drone a criminal offense no matter what the drone is doing. This includes snooping on what is going on inside your home."

Bullets crash to the ground and kill people, being so small and design to penetrate skin and kill. So of course you're not allowed to shoot down a drone. It would cause all these metal killer projectiles to come raining down!

For everything else, there is buckshot. Let's start with cause and effect, though - I AM indeed entitled to my privacy and so are my kids, so if some jerk decides that his right to play with toys of questionable benefit (because professionals don't do such a thing) overrides my family's right to privacy he's booking either the toy or himself a date with a destructive force, which will, of course, happen "entirely by accident". It's exactly this stupid, idiotic and entirely unjustified sense of entitlement that enables these f*ckwits to endanger others.

"Oooh, look, nothing happened so it's OK to do it again" - that will be heard just until a plane goes down in flames. Jet engines may look big and massive, but they are precision balanced machines that are not designed as toy mulchers, and you damage them on the absolute most critical part of the journey: the landing. So, I'll also promise any entity flying a drone near an airport a quick call to the local police, and I'll be happy to film it and dox the fool online as well.

Can you kill a person with a camera in the street because you think he might be photographing you inside your own house? But his camera has a zoom lens and the drones doesn't. If he was in a microlight would you be allowed to shoot him down then?

In my house I can draw the curtains, and I can set up a hedge (which is one of the many justified reasons why Google Streetview got into trouble in countries with respect for privacy, they were looking over the fence), and it's going to be rather visible who is trying to sneak a peek. I can't draw curtains on the space above my house, it's not always possible to identify who controls the drone but I refuse to keep my kids inside because some pervert thinks he has to pay no attention to my family's right to privacy.

BTW, there are drones with zoom lenses - it simply depends what you fit and how you protect it against vibration.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon