Reply to post: Re: Cyclists who treat pedestrians as a slalom course are idiots

NZ hotel bans cyclists' Lycra-clad loins

m0rt

Re: Cyclists who treat pedestrians as a slalom course are idiots

Soooo, legal in the footpaths and they get ostracised, ride on the road and they get ostracised. It is more an issue with common courtesy than a increasingly bigoted attitude to 'us vs them'.

I drive, motorcycle and cycle. On motorways in the UK I see more dangerous driving than anywhere else. That awareness transfers to urban areas where a slight lack of concentration can cause serious injury. Anyone out has a duty of care when out and about. We are all trying to get to our destination so what is the problem with helping each other achieve it?

If you can't, then you are always going to find fault. Not just with the particular focus of this little 'debate'.

As for comments saying things like putting an umbrella or stick into spokes? How dare you. You think it would be OK to smack someone around the head if they accidentally walked into you? If you take to heart some ignorant prick shouting offensively at you and you can't just pity the fool regardless whether said idiot walks, cycles or drives, then how much better are you than him?

Edit: realise that I got a bit angry and was more commenting on the entire thread than just yourself...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon