Reply to post: Re: "Remix OS with...

How Remix's Android will eat the world

1Rafayal

Re: "Remix OS with...

One of the major complaints of Windows 8 was that MS were perceived as assuming everyone would be using a touch interface in some way to control their computer of choice.

Whilst the architecture and usability of this OS is commendable in its current form, what is the expected benefit of bringing an entire ecosystem of touchscreen based applications to the desktop?

The main product is the UltraTablet, which looks like a Chinese knock off Surface. The unique selling point for the mini seems to be a capacitive power button.

I can see what they are trying to do and its a fairly good idea, but I get the feeling that for this to work they need to have compelling hardware and right now, imho, they dont. I wouldnt want this installed on my own personal machine as I like playing games and I wouldnt see the need for installing it on a USB drive to boot from whatever machine as I would normally be carrying an Android phone and/or tablet.

For me personally, I would much prefer this to be installed on my phone and have the ability to hook that up to a monitor, keyboard and mouse either via USB or bluetooth.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon