Reply to post: Re: Guess I'm a lucky one

Verizon peeps gobbled by Frontier enter week two of crap internet

Sly
Coat

Re: Guess I'm a lucky one

I'm just north of Dallas (Lewisville) and the only issue I've had with my FiOS is the Verizon.net account. It lost track of my account number and then I couldn't access anything except email. That went on for 9 months while 7 different departments couldn't find their brain with either hand. Then I re-upped my service (the service never had issues) and they blanked my on-line presence allowing me to re-attach my account to my username and BOOM! Everything worked. That was a month ago... so now I'm a "new customer" and apparently I have no issues since I'm a later in the month billed customer. Seems most of the people on the news (and at work that have had issues) are first of the month billed users. I also only have internet service and use my own router connected directly to the ONT. I even have a UPS on the ONT's battery backup just so I can keep my internet up. When the ONT's battery backup is in use, it drops all service except voice, so since I don't use that service, UPS on the UPS so the UPS won't shut off for at least 2 hours (actually tested due to a power outage that lasted about 6 hours) and preserve my Internets so I won't use mobile data for that time. My UPS that my router is on will stay up for 3+ hours if I shutdown my main beast that's also on it.

So meh. "I dunno what all the hubbub is about."

Mine's the coat in a coat from the Department of Redundancy Department with the USB battery booster connected to a USB battery booster in the pocket.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon