Reply to post: Re: Which keys should I press to enable the CockUp feature?

Which keys should I press to enable the CockUp feature?

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Which keys should I press to enable the CockUp feature?

"The screen rotation one is an oldie but a goodie, and is still usable on a surprising number of semi-innocent victims and new intake."

Yes, it continues to surprise me how many users have never been taught the basics. Pretty much anyone in an office job may (or may not!) get some training in the use of specific programmes but everyone is expected to already know how to use Windows, either because they've been doing the job for some years or because they just came from school/college/university..

And yet very few general users even know how to log on without using the mouse to accept the corporate T&C's that appear after pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, tab between name/password fields or press enter to start the log on process. So many people still keep reaching for the mouse to advance to the next step.

The users don't know that they've not been taught the basic because they can still do the job and the bosses don't think to check. Even the wet behind the ears direct from education types don't appear to have been taught this this stuff. You'd almost think the teachers and bosses didn't know the basics either.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon