Reply to post: Is this a compulsory practice in DevOps?

The Register to publish Mindful Sysadmin adult colouring book

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Is this a compulsory practice in DevOps?

I mean, if you have different colors for each stage it will help to route your thoughts appropriately, and understand what is what.

It would be great if you could send your colour patterns to a manufacturer and get your own true Colour Defined Network (TM). I see a market for "red" switches instead of the dull Cisco Blue, HP Gray or Dell Black for critical ones (those that should have a sign saying "touch this without my permission and you're dead"), although in a true cloud environment I'd go for transparent ones, maybe in foggy cases. They should turn darker when something is going wrong.

Also many of my colleagues will find this book useful, the time spent colouring old Macs and PETs wouldn't be spent in writing crappy code I have to hunt down and fix later, before it get pasts testers following their coloured thoughts as well (usually because of alcohol/substance abuse...) and reach production, then colouring any monitoring screen they hit.

Shouldn't we have also a Mindful Programmer colouring book? Let programmers learn the intricacies of syntax highlighting and proper variable naming using fruit-scented markers!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon