Reply to post: Meh

Here's a great idea: Let's make a gun that looks like a mobile phone

codejunky Silver badge

Meh

"Absolutely no one can make sense of the United States' infatuation with firearms."

By no one I assume you mean you. I am in the UK and regardless of if you accept it as right or wrong it is very easy to understand as long as you do a little thinking (and it shouldnt take too long either!)

"In a country that has seen countless people shot and killed for carrying all manner of not-guns because people thought that they were guns, it seems only logical to develop a product that can cause people to fear literally everyone that they see all the time."

Oddly you seem to be brushing up against the reason so much that its glitter will rub off on you. Are you sure you dont understand the infatuation with firearms? Not just a little bit?

"Of course that "better thing" wasn't to not actually carry a gun around in public, but rather to figure out a way to have a gun but not clue people into the fact."

Makes sense since the cotton wool reaction of people getting all bothered because someone has a gun which doesnt sound to be overt (nobody else noticed) but not wrapped away to tight he cant get to it. So finding a way to be less obvious does make sense even if it is pandering to the less educated.

"Kjellberg told the local KARE news channel, presumably to looks of incomprehensible horror."

Why horror? I can understand that might be your reaction, I read your article on the female tech writer, but again you are not everyone. Actually his development in hand gun concealment is not incomprehensible and instead makes sense if he lives in a state with open or concealed carry but judgemental sorts. The kind of people who assume everyone reacts with horror for example.

"It's just that kind of small business entrepreneurship that made America great."

I detect sarcasm at a point there shouldnt be any. How long has the daylight shootings in manchester and london been going on? Or do you not believe stuff like that happens here? How how about stabbings and other violent crime? And you seem to be losing your cool over a hand gun designed to make people like you more comfortable with the people you interact with every day.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon