Reply to post: Re: Priorities...

EU ministers to demand more data access after Brussels attacks

Richard Jones 1
WTF?

Re: Priorities...

It might be useful to think about what was involved in both cases. I do not have full details of the coach incident though I understand it happened in an area known for such accidents, so action should have been, if not already taken at lest in hand. It was not apparently done. In that regard it does have a very direct parallel with Brussels, with its airport now becoming famous for not doing even basic security checks. In fact doing no checks at all and no training or basic awareness training of any such items as no fly lists.

Do I feel that we have enough intelligence? Not really, but when the Turks deport a bomber back to Europe and warn that he is incoming and dangerous someone should ask why no action was taken. In fact no action appears to have been taken over a number of others either. The famous open door appears to have had no hinges and to have been left lying by the side of the shack.

Finally I am doubtful that anyone in the coach company who built the darned thing, who organised the driver(s), booked the trip or built the road thought they were doing it to kill or main. The mad drunks, drug takers misfits and low order criminals of Brussels did what they did exactly to kill and maim. Because a stupid disorganisation let them do what they wanted without let or hindrance.

Now I can see a difference, can you?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon