Reply to post: HSBC

Met police commissioner: Fraud victims should not be refunded by banks

Doctor Syntax Silver badge

HSBC

@Voland's right hand

I doubt they've improved since I also fired them about 10 years ago.

At that time the process for settling an HSBC credit card via an HSBC bank account was clunky - I'm sure it was trying to hand over from one system to another and trying to make it look seamless. Whatever, one night it clunked a little too much and failed. I tried to give them a friendly heads up and their sole response subsequently confirmed in writing was that "we don't support Firefox and Linux"; no attempt to even listen to the information they were being given or recognise that I wasn't looking for support for my software. Neither Lloyds, Barclays or the Coop had any such restrictions. Together with the fact that they'd closed my preferred branch they got the push.

About a year ago I took a look at their First Direct arm. Their internet banking page stated that "PCs and Macs connected to Local Area Networks are not supported". I pointed out that any broadband connection uses a LAN to connect to user's machines. They promised to look into that and get back to me. I'm still waiting and that nonsense is still on their site today.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019