Reply to post: Haters gonna hate

True believers mind-meld FreeBSD with Ubuntu to burn systemd

FireBurn

Haters gonna hate

As someone who's opted to use systemd from the early days (Gentoo - it's about choice) I've been amazed at how simple things are with it - especially for configuration. Now that systemd is in more and more distros configuring Linux will be the same on all of them - rather than having to use (and figure out) each distros utilities. I like journald and the power it holds with everything logging to it. I love the boot times but that's less important when I only reboot to update the kernel. I like that when I insert a USB thumb drive it can automatically FSCK it if needed. These are all little things but when you put them all together they make a huge difference to usability.

Its strange that the people who complain most loudly about systemd have no qualms with either util-linux or busybox. As for all the hate directed for Poettering - he's actually trying to improve Linux, whether you agree with him or not. If you really disagree with him do what the UbuntuBSD or Devuan folk have done - create a better alternative.

We're a fickle bunch in IT - we'll happily jump ships to a better option - just now that option is systemd

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon