Reply to post: Creating a problem..

Microsoft's done a terrible job with its Windows 10 nagware

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Creating a problem..

The thing is Windows 10 isn't a *bad* OS, it's actually given new life to a number of ageing systems and I've been quite happy to recommend it to people along with Spybot Anti-Beacon to hold back the telemetry stuff.

However, this nagware / adware / spyware issue is putting a lot of people off. I dare say the install numbers might be higher WITHOUT it. People are starting to treat Win 10 as ***DO NOT WANT*** ***VIRUS*** due to how forcefully it is being pushed, rather than the OS upgrade it is.

Things like advertising on the log-on screen and start menu once you get 10 haven't helped either, I've seen people roll back to 7 after that.

So you have, at the core, a decent enough OS, the modern stuff that's left in there from Windows 8 (settings control panel vs. traditional control panel) is still a huge piece of garbage, as it was in Windows 8, but otherwise I can't complain. Microsoft's marketing department, with this strategy, and the spyware is shooting itself in the foot however, they're starting to create the next Vista simply through bad marketing (and awful spyware)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon