Reply to post: Re: No, just no.

Brits still not happy about commercial companies using their healthcare data

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: No, just no.

with my medical condition, county, would probably identify me add age range, gender, ethnicity city let alone post code and 100% accuracy on a match.

for NHS for clinical use for the treatment of the patient I believe digital medical records are a GREAT idea,

BUT as soon as that data is used outside the clinical care of that individual patient there should be an OPT IN on a case by case basis not a blanket opt in.

Also the rules regarding data mining and release of non authorised data should result in minimum term custodial sentences for Directors of any companies involved AND Government ministers. without this the security wont be taken seriously and Govt wont spend the money required to keep the data secure.

Also the clause that states that the Secretary for health can authorise non anonymised data release if they think its necessary NEEDS to be removed.

I have opted OUT at my GP but will continue to download the opt out form and resubmit it on a regular basis as i dont trust the Department of health. And what most people dont realise is that you have to opt out at every NHS service you use as there is no centralised opt out. so GP for Care,Data, Hospital for HIS and im sure care.data going forward. local commissioning Group. and any other contact you have with the NHS.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon