Reply to post: Re: people will likely be being spread around too thin,

Zynga CEO resigns – again – after terrible results

Tom 13

Re: people will likely be being spread around too thin,

Probably not as much as you think.

Back when I was on Facebook, it was mostly to play games and Zynga constituted most of them. They probably have two underlying engines with a bunch of skins. So on the purely functional level, Farmville played pretty much like their Cafe game and CityVille probably used the same engine but left out a lot of the walking around. MafiaWars was an obviously different engine, and a much simpler one. So all you need to do is maintain the current engines and update skins. I think the biggest problem they have in attracting players is they haven't paid attention to the game engines and they've gone to shit (as I detail below). But the more fundamental problem they have is that they DO need to make money, and most people won't part with a few bucks/quid a month to do so. I had actually finally gotten myself sufficiently financially stable that I was starting to pay them that money when their engines went to hell. So I quit. They might be able to get me back if they fixed their game engines, but there's zero chance of that happening. And yes, since I check in whenever I visit my mother, I will know if they fix the game engine.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon