Reply to post: 6 weeks... 6 weeks too long with EE

Between you, EE and the lamppost ... this UK cell network is knackered

Vince

6 weeks... 6 weeks too long with EE

I joined "EE" on 2 year contract. I left after 6 weeks (4 weeks more than I wanted but it took that long for them to acknowledge my legal rights). Absolutely pathetic.

Data services frequently just stop passing packets.

Some non-HTTP/HTTPS services are either blocked or have some capping/issue maintaining throughput

Coverage is a joke - it's supposedly the largest 4G network but I found a lot of time was spent on 2G, and mostly 3G if not, and throughput again horrid. By chance, this was during a time where I was travelling around quite a bit so I got to experience this repeated horror a lot.

I'm used to getting in my car and streaming audio along my journey - as I always do on 3. It's quite rare for me to lose my stream, and there are some fairly long journeys now (2-3 hours) where I don't lose my stream once. With EE, I'd be lucky to get from one junction to a motorway to another.

Even when I forced my phone to only do 3G/4G so it could hold onto a weak 3G signal rather than drop down to 2G ... it didn't get much better.

As a result, I spent the majority of my time on EE using another of my 3 contracts to get things done, which I'd been sensible enough to retain.

I also experienced several service outages due to EE network issues in that time - given all the other issues, I didn't fancy spending the rest of a 2 year stint with such a woeful network, and ported back to 3. Haven't had an issue since then.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon