Reply to post: Re: David Cameron... ... is starting to piss me off now.

Cameron co-opts UK mobile industry for EU Remain campaign

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: David Cameron... ... is starting to piss me off now.

thank you Mr Crisp

Also British by birth, and becoming European by choice, I'm becoming routinely annoyed and ashamed of UK colleagues who know nothing about how things work - one, for example, does't know that the European Court of Human Rights is not an EU institution, refuses to even consider there can be benefits to membership because the "hordes" of immigrants coming to the UK from EU parts East are "stealing" jobs.

Well, i can name half a dozen people who are in the UK, perfectly capable of work and contributing financially to society, but choose not to. A couple only work cash-in-hand because anything else might affect housing benefit that pays their (London) rent; one refuses to have a bank account because "they" can track it, one prefers to drink all day, and two are so high that they don't even know it's daytime. All British citizens, not an EU immigrant among them - but they all want to leave the EU. Nothing to do with the reasoned and rational arguments that it is possible to make, nothing to do with logic - because of scare stories and some outright lies.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon