Reply to post: Re: Darwin is calling

This Android Trojan steals banking creds and wipes your phone

DCLXV

Re: Darwin is calling

"Well, in the lot, you will find heart surgeons, car mechanics, university professors, if the mms looks legit. Now, if you think they are stupid, how good are you at heart surgery or motor car mechanics ?"

Not stupid, just ignorant. There's no excuse for a certain level of ignorance about technology if you have a smartphone you carry around with you all the time, interact with daily, use to plan your social life and even your financial affairs on. You damn well better learn to treat such a device as intimately as you do your own home and not simply hope to excuse yourself if you leave all the doors unlocked because you never bothered to read the lock manual.

For what it's worth, I do know every intimate detail about my personal vehicle as I do use it and depend on it daily. I don't know how the esoteric control systems in a flash luxury car work, but as the very label implies it's not a necessity and so I don't feel any inclination to spend vast sums of money on such a vehicle. Smartphones are another such luxury. Nobody seemed to need a smartphone when they were called PDAs and marketed at businessmen. Are we responsible, self-aware individuals or are we just specialized consumers with an ever-narrowing scope of knowledge and wisdom?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon