Reply to post: Re: This does raise a point though...

TalkTalk confesses: Scammers have data about our engineers' visits to your home

Peter2 Silver badge

Re: This does raise a point though...

Talk Talk are offering 38Mbps VDSL on their front page for £17.50 p/m, with a free modem, and free telephone calls for another couple of quid a month. With free service for the first year(!)

It's simply impossible to actually deliver a high quality service, with a well maintained network, decent security covering your customer details, professional support by UK based IT professionals and stashing some money away for future upgrades to the network for that price.

You want a better service? Then i'd suggest that you need to pay enough for the supplier to be able to do the job properly. Cut price services have to cut something to offer lower prices.

I have been with the same ISP since they were delivering me a 512Kbps service. It's now a 80Mbps service, and I haven't ever been tempted to change. Yes, they have always been more expensive than the competition. However, they have never ever suffered a data breach, and are unlikely to because they can afford to have a stable, secure network with redunadancy, backups and still afford to retain highly trained and experianced staff.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon