Reply to post: One f*****g router?

BT blames 'faulty router' for mega outage. Did they try turning it off and on again?

TonyJ Silver badge

One f*****g router?

Dear BT... if you have single points of failure that can bring down hundreds of thousands of your customers then you need to fire the useless gimps who designed it, and employ someone who actually understands the concepts of resilience, high availability and possibly even DR.

Understandable that you had your support call centres flooded with calls but over the space of an hour I either got cut off immediately or an engaged tone. On the handful of occasions I did get in a queue you disconnected me to silence after 3m 30s. You are BT ffs! If you can't handle call volume correctly there's no hope for anyone.

Eventually you had a recorded message. Of course, by then world+dog had already worked out there was a major outage.

Single router ffs.

As I said elsewhere, myself and most people will accept the odd problem and this is only the second in 3 years. I am pissed off though that it was nigh on impossible to get information from the horses mouth. Bad, BT, bad.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019