Reply to post: False Flags

Techie on the ground disputes BlackEnergy Ukraine power outage story

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

False Flags

it's nice of El'Reg to use the phrase "False Flag" every now and then, after all, a Prime Minister of Italy revealed a massive False Flag attack for decades in Europe called "Gladio" once he felt that it's time had come.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of groups who seem to disagree that Gladio/False Flags in general are history and seemingly persist in using this most anti-democratic of methods. . .and it's a phrase that the BBC has rarely used. . .

Notable Quote: [from the Parliamentary ‘Intelligence and Security Committee’ debate of 18 March 2010, Andrew Tyrie, MP, said:] the then Foreign Secretary, Mr. Straw, who likened what I and others were suggesting to conspiracy theories. He said:

“Unless we all start to believe in conspiracy theories and that the officials are lying, that I am lying, that behind this there is some kind of secret state which is in league with some dark forces . . . there simply is no truth in the claims. . . thanks Jack, waving flags about stuff, Go Rochdale. . .

by the way - The Register.co.uk was quoted (for the first time that I'm aware) in the seriously academic discussion newsletter "Johnson's Russia List" number 2016-#20 produced by davidjohnson@starpower.net

A project sponsored through the Institute for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies (IERES) at The George Washington University's Elliott School of International Affairs* www.ieres.org

JRL homepage: www.russialist.org (This political discussion list is quite well balanced)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon