Reply to post: Re: Year of Linux?

Five technologies you shouldn't bother looking out for in 2016

Teiwaz
FAIL

Re: Year of Linux?

"Yes, it's Linux that still needs magazines. You need to know what's the cool, fashion distro for this season now it's Mint, not long ago was Ubuntu, nobody knows what you'll wear, errr, install next Summer. Don't install the wrong one, or they will look at you as if you have an hairstyle from the '80s."

Well, I've not bought a linux magazine since I got broadband, and I've not changed my distro in a while either (or my hairstyle). If magazines still help the refugees from the Windows (you know why they call it that now, 'casue they can see right inside your pc) that's great.

If you're referring to the fashion conscious, you must be thinking of apple customers, not Linux users, as they run the gamut from purists, idealists to realists (and a plethora of other 'ists').

In fact any fashion conscious linux user has long since bought a Macbook Air (or whatever they call those placemats these days), almost bears out Sam Vimes 'Boots' theory of social inequality, except you can get boots re-heeled but you can't upgrade an apple product.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon