Reply to post: Re: there are a number of SEPERATE issues here

No escape: Microsoft injects 'Get Windows 10' nagware into biz PCs

Hans 1 Silver badge

Re: there are a number of SEPERATE issues here

>2) Microsoft SHOULD have to sell a paid for version WITHOUT ANY telemetry GUARANTEED to anyone who wants to pay. this way businesses can use 10 and still be compliant with any security or information regulations they have to comply with. I as a home user (W7 PRO) WOULD pay $€¢£¥₩₪฿₫₴₹ for a spyware free version of windows 10* (without the option of a telemetry free version then there is no "reasonable" option so an "informed choice" without being detrimental to the end user is not possible so the choice ceases to be fair due to the power and market dominance of the other party "Microsoft")

>4) back porting the telemetry included in windows 10 back in to windows 8.x and windows 7 as an "update" and making it "recommended" and being divisive about its description and scope.

You paid for 7/8, they installed it anyway, I doubt there will be a telemetry free W10 ... the only savior is the EU, but even then, I doubt they will react ... since MS is shooting itself in the head with this ... it is widely known that W10 is full of spyware, even outside tech circles ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019