Reply to post: Re: Attack the OS, not the user - 'play the ball, not the man' sounds better

Windows 10 phones are not dead yet. Acer, Alcatel OneTouch just made some new ones

Hans 1 Silver badge

Re: Attack the OS, not the user - 'play the ball, not the man' sounds better

downvoted

Your description of iOS is faulty: It is NOT a hefty premium for a lifestyle accessory, it is the fastest platform out there, period, so "derserves" a premium. Not to say that it is leaky, just like WP and Android.

There is no secure phone OS anymore, since BB10 packed-in - it seems like you all want to share all your details with corps, faire enough. Thanks, I do not and will not have a choice, once my BB10 device dies ...

WP will not survive 2017, 100% sure, I doubt it will be around in January 2017. I hereby declare that I will donate 50 euro to FSF if Windows Phone survives January 2017, and 100 if it survives December 2017. The donations will be made in the name of the RegisterComment@rds ... please do remind me, should I forget (I won't)!

PS: "Survives" meaning Microsoft has not announced it will stop development on the platform.

PPS: Can the register do something, here, for visibility ?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019