Reply to post: Re: Interesting....

Bloke sues dad who shot down his drone – and why it may decide who owns the skies

promacjoe2

Re: Interesting....

I find it interesting That someone with so Little knowledge of a subject, Will comment as if they knew everything about it. I admit, I do not know everything about the subject, but I am an amateur photographer as is my brother and sister. as such, we need to know what the limits are within the law. And I study everything I can about the subject, so I do not infringe on someone else's rights. Something that every amateur photographer as well as any professional should do. As far as my mother's Nikon cool pics camera, I don't use it. I use a Pentax K3. A professional grade camera. My longest lens is 500 mm. The effective focal length is 750 mm. Using that lens, I can take pictures of deer 50 to 75 yards away, and be able to count the hairs in the ear. I use the Nikon cool pics, because it was light and would be easy to mount on the drone. and with an effective focal length equal to 1800 mm, You should easily be able to tell the difference between a man and woman it 1000 feet. that is unless your drone vibrate so violently that it would blur the image. In that case I suggest you balance the props, to reduce vibration.

And as far as the intent goes, if he did not intend to take pictures, why did he have a camera mounted on his drone. and if he hovered over the house long enough for the guy to run inside get his shotgun and then come out and shoot it out of the air, he obviously was not just crossing the property to take pictures of someone else's property. Besides if he was going to take pictures of someone else's property, he should've taken off and landed from that property, And stay within the confines of that property.

the arguments that I have read, and I do not know all the details, just does not make sense to me.

Neighbors communicate with each other, they don't spy on each other.

maybe you should find a good psychiatrist to help you with your trust issues. and stop attacking people and insinuating that they might be doing something wrong. It's just not good manners.

and by the way, I don't have a camera phone that has a memory card in it, so I cannot use it to take pictures. and I don't intend to install a memory card. and the reason I know about the 40+ megapixel camera phone, theregister wrote an article about it several years ago.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019