Reply to post: Re: @h4rm0ny - What is the sky?

Bloke sues dad who shot down his drone – and why it may decide who owns the skies

Androgynous Cupboard Silver badge

Re: @h4rm0ny - What is the sky?

There's a large difference between an obviously confrontational situation of gathering your mates and going round someone's house and the immediate response of whether or not to damage a mechanical device that is on your property and you consider to be actively infringing on your life. One is potentially violent and by definition pre-meditated. The other is neither.

Hang on, what? Are you saying that blowing something out of the sky with a shotgun isn't violent? And turning up to a house occupied by someone who has just done this, unarmed, is somehow the more violent action?

I don't know the personalities or the history of this, perhaps you do and there's context I don't get. Maybe one, or both of the parties is a certifiable arsehole - this is probably very likely. But you're making a few leaps here. "Gathering a few of your mates" could be "bring a witness in case he shoots me too". Maybe his mates were tiny and non-threatening. To me, being told "if you enter my property I'm going to shoot you" is the most violent action of this whole sordid tale, but that seems to pass as normal behaviour in the US.

In short your assignation of guilt to the one party isn't backed up by the facts quoted in this story or your comments on it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019