Reply to post: Re: Office 365

Confirmed: How to stop Windows 10 forcing itself onto PCs – your essential guide

Jedipadawan

Re: Office 365

>I recently had to level the same accusation at Apple for (by default) hiding the scroll bars when your pointer isn't in a magic 1/8" strip down the side of a window.

I hear ya! I have to use Macs in various schools I am subcontracted to and it's a right pain in the ass! I am not impressed with the so called 'easy to use' Mac UI.

Also not impressed that Macs, to this day, do not allow you to delete a single file in isolation. Instead it's the zap 'empty/destroy' everything trashcan!

And re: Office 365…?

I dunno. I dropped Windows and Office in 2012 and have NOT regretted it! Now I use Libreoffice. No crazy ribbons, I can customize the toolbar (again) and don't have to keep paying every time a new rendering of the software comes out just to carry out the same functionality but to read another modified file format! I am enjoying cost free and hassle free productivity

Libreoffice is available for Windows and well worth a spin. No clippy and no ribbons!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon