Reply to post: Re: AND I'M AT A UNIVERSITY.

Surface Pro 4: Will you go the F**K to SLEEP?

Danny 14

Re: AND I'M AT A UNIVERSITY.

we use a few small form factor devices but they are for specific things. The PE department take a tablet with detachable keyboard out onto the pitch with them. The wifi works out there so they do registers but they also take pictures and video for the students to evidence. this is saved onto network drives immediately rather than copied later (speed thing for the staff rather than a requirement). They also pull up youtube clips as they are going along with techniques. (these are ASUS tablet/keyboards). The HDMI is unreliable on the ASUS tablets

The IT class workshops have a few too but they are for students making faux kiosks as part of their projects, again it is to mimic a till or kiosk and program/design accordingly (these are HP 360s so not really a tablet as such just a foldaway keyboard). Tech department staff have some so they can wander around, take evidence photos and videos and "dock" them as their desktop machines (these are Dell 10 tablets with separate dock stations and detachable keyboards).

Of all of them the dell tablets have worked the best as they just work - keyboards detach/reattach and work, the docking stations work as soon as you dock them etc. I can also replace the batteries on the Dells (not needed to yet but I have removed the panel to see where they are).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon