Reply to post: I'm betting that there will be one or more "catches" once this service is rolled out...

Comcast 'rolls out' 'world's first' DOCSIS 3.1 modem, pumping 1Gbps over existing cable

Anonymous Coward
Devil

I'm betting that there will be one or more "catches" once this service is rolled out...

A) "You want DOCSIS 3.1 service? Sure, and while we're setting that up, let me tell you about the premium cable TV plan you buy with that."

B) "No, we can't unbundle the premium cable package that comes with the DOCSIS internet service, but the good news is that as part of the bundle you also get home phone service. And we have this home security package too!"

C) "There might be some data caps and congestion charges too, but I'm sure they are minimal."

D) "How minimal? That's not my department--let me transfer you to billing!" /begin hold music

E) /continue hold music

F) /interrupt hold music with "Welcome to Comcast! We appreciate your business. Do you know that you can access your services using our website? Please press "1" if you want take a brief customer survey after your call is complete"

G) /more hold music

H) "Hello, you have reached the Comcast billing department. You have called outside our normal office hours and we are closed. Please call us back between 8 AM and 5 PM, Eastern standard time. Goodbye!"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon