Reply to post:

ProtonMail DDoS wipeout: Day 6. Yes, we're still under attack

Danny 2

"Maybe if you hadn’t paid the ransom to the wrong attackers it would be over"

Funny joke but still victim-blaming - what is the secondary attackers bitcoin, and would they really be satisfied with the pocket money originally demanded? I'm guessing the attack will stop only if ProtonMail say they'll no longer accept British email accounts, and issue a statement saying Theresa May is a saint, the UK is a bastion of freedom and they won't intrude here again with their dirty, nasty encryption.

It is cheering that they've raised their donation target, almost, and that they are now getting help from DDoSing experts. It's up and active, that's the main thing, and they obviously weren't cracked and maintained delivery of mails.

Personally I'm a bit down as I'm being prosecuted just now and expected some emails from the police, politicians and lawyers I'd emailed just before the attack - no such luck there. My bleeding useless, corrupt and dishonest court-appointed defence lawyer even blocked me as 'spam' after my first email to him. For all you tax-payers out there, legal aid today is benefits for lawyers, nothing more. I can't even confess unless I borrow money for the print-out! I also want to relocate to Switzerland, hell, even Syria seems a more rational destination just now. In the wise words of Ballboy, I hate Scotland.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon