Reply to post: Decent but overrated

Halo 5: Overhyped, but still way above your average shooter

SQL Monkey

Decent but overrated

I've always played the Halo games and was always getting this one. I have no complaints, but not singing from the rooftops either. Multiplayer is average and its not fun getting clan-spammed. The Req system is, well, a bit rubbish and Forza have implemented something similar (I see what they're doing to encourage us to play the game more - but this sort of "reward" system isn't me).

Campaign is decent, solid, and classy enough (Elite's side-stepping your gunfire - ooh the nostalgia) but I would have felt ripped off paying any more than £35 for it. The lack of split-screen 2 player is poor as that means my son and I can't play it together as we usually do. I've not finished the campaign yet but if its as short as people are saying then.... that's disappointing. Any future "paid DLC chapters" I'll be giving a miss if that's the intent here.

One thing you can say about Halo is that it always does what it says on the tin. Great graphics and decent campaign, story and cut scenes. The format is starting to show its age though. I'd have thought the first Next-Gen only Halo game would have delivered something with more "wow" factor to it. Especially since we've waited a few years. Oh well..... hopefully Halo 6 will deliver.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon