Reply to post: GOODNESS!

Next year's Windows 10 auto-upgrade is MSFT's worst idea since Vista

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

GOODNESS!

Talk about your potty mouths. From personal experience, I've upgraded two devices (a laptop and a tower) from 8.1 to 10 and encountered no real issues (and these were three and two months ago, respectively). Any beef you've encountered on Win X, I've encountered on Linux: bad drivers for mainstream devices, random crashes, wasted paper, spotty software support, and basically enough to make me give up trying. So, basically, we'll have to agree to disagree. Our firsthand experiences seem to be completely different worlds.

As for Big Brother, you gotta figure if they don't get you on the OS (and BTW, I was able to turn all that stuff off, and neither devices has done a spontaneous restart which would be part and parcel with a systems update), they'll just get you elsewhere, probably at the ISP or via a ubiquitous camera out on the public street. I'm surprised no one's to date declared the modern world's a bastard, pulled up stakes, given up computing of any kind, and gone up a mountain somewhere, the way some Luddites are venting...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019