Reply to post: All well and good...

Next year's Windows 10 auto-upgrade is MSFT's worst idea since Vista

A Ghost

All well and good...

... but what happens when it becomes integrated into security updates and the only option is to turn off automatic updates itself? Genuine question, as they said that is what they would be doing from next year (read a few months time).

I suppose it would be possible, but any company blocking this would be on the back foot with MS being one step ahead and wise to their tricks. They'll devote a whole dev team to 'unblocking the blockers', but they won't commit resources into developing a basic mouse/window gui paradigm that works as well as it does on Linux.

Microsoft are just an extension of the government now. Paid shills. This proves it once and for all.

There's a war on to find out what is going on in your mind, which the computer is just an extension of.

There's also a campaign to let you know that they will not stop in that fight, and that they will do it anyway and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

They are trying to break us. Behaviour modification at its finest. I wouldn't put it past them to resort to physical violence at this point. I really wouldn't.

Yeah, I know my views are a bit way out, but I've pretty much passed the point of rational argument with all of this by now.

If nothing else, it is going to be a major chore to check through every single bloody KB released, seeing as they don't tell you what they are (you have to go to the website itself). I can't see many IT bods who work day in day out with computers, and probably also use computers for fun and social, taking the time to do this mind-numbing soul destroying task. It'll be easier just to bite the bullet and switch to Linux, using Virtual Machines for XP and win7 (where driver compatibility is not an issue).

I see that the force is strong as well in the online papers with regard to how wonderful and fantabulous this upgrade is and you just must simply get it darling. If MS spent as much time paying developers to write decent software as they did paid shills astroturfing on the net, we might not all be 10 Million man hours down by now.

Time for blood pressure meds..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon