Reply to post: Re: Please...

Work from home when the next big Windows 10 installation arrives

Chika
Alert

Re: Please...

Seriously, banging on about this is simply publicly announcing your ignorance: partly because it's bloody obvious that they'll collect some personal data; partly because it's been happening for ages; and mostly because I didn't hear anyone bleating about it when Google and Apple started hoovering up personal info many moons ago.

You do hear people going on about Google and Apple data mining. It's one reason why Microsoft are trying it on because while once they heavily criticised Google about this, they now realise that there is a big market out there and they want in on it.

I'm sorry if you are upset by people objecting to the pitfalls of Windows 10 but, just as with Windows 8 before it, the only way we can get American corporates to listen these days is to make sure that everyone knows what they are getting into so that they can make informed decisions about whatever it is. That may be like banging them over the head with a sledgehammer, but they won't listen to polite suggestions anymore.

If you really trust Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, eBay, (or even Talk Talk!) or whoever else likes to slurp your data these days then good luck to you. I hope you enjoy your eventual doxxing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020