Reply to post: More than just V-Dubs in the tub, there's the rub

Microsoft now awfully pushy with Windows 10 on Win 7, 8 PCs – Reg readers hit back

Mpeler
Flame

More than just V-Dubs in the tub, there's the rub

I think before this all winds out you'll see more than just VW having dodgy mapping software.

The controller in question is a piece of Bosch kit that's used by almost ALL Common Rail diesels out there. And the problems (read:NOx) with Common Rail were known and discussed ad nauseum in various engineering and auto fora before the engines hit the market. I have one of the last "Pump-Düse" diesels that came out of VW; nosier than Common Rail, but works like a champ.

As for the US EPA, same criminals as the wahoos in the EU. People have discovered that CO² won't kill everyone, so we need a new disaster to extract peoples' money. This time it's NOx. Rinse, repeat. High efficiency, lean burn, or low pollutants (or pee in your fuel tank), take your pick.

Btw, AdBlue was already slated for almost ALL new diesels before this "scandal" came out (due to EU6 standards). Maybe someone wanted to *cough* round up the rest of them?

I think the EPA has morphed into "Extorting People All-the-time". The only thing they protect anymore are their own (and the 1%) interests.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon