Reply to post: Re: 10% in Error? BullShit!!! Every one of my PC's has attemped to install Win 10 Crapware!!!

Microsoft now awfully pushy with Windows 10 on Win 7, 8 PCs – Reg readers hit back

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: 10% in Error? BullShit!!! Every one of my PC's has attemped to install Win 10 Crapware!!!

So, do I reboot into my windows 7 box and just let it update, then complain to law enforcement that my computer was "altered" against my will ?

I think that an major OS update should NEVER be done without explicit consent from the user, not unreasonable given the risk of problems. So, in my opinion this does indeed already qualify as an unwarranted invasion of my system, and if it borked the upgrade it would be a Denial of Service with consequential liability on top.

However, just to make life easier for criminal charges we will reserve this for when you have actively gone out of your way to stop this from happening by playing "hunt for the little tickbox" game that MS is playing and it then STILL installs. Heck, it should not even download that virus update without your permission.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon