Reply to post: Pew pew!!

Devious Davros, tricksy Missy and Dalek Clara delight in The Witch's Familiar

Chris Daemon

Pew pew!!

I shoot you with my laser gun! - No, I have an anti-laser-shield! - Ah, but these are anti-laser-shield-rays, yeah - Uh, I went back in time to replace your laser with plain LEDs, HAHA.

It goes on and on... like damn five year olds playing space-cowboys.

At least Missy is deviously delightful. And the snake thing was clever, and those creepy hands. Compassion with the doctor, in contrast with Missy - who steals the ca... you know what...

Can I please have a Missy show? I rather watch that lunatic go through time and do evil than watch Goody Twoshoes Oswald do her... goody twoshoe things and speeches. I know that we should relate to her, because everyone else is larger or dumber than life, so we have relatable characters like pre-horse-chompers Rose, Asthma UNIT Girl, or The Rory. It's just not working with Clara.

So what happened to Danny, then? Weren't we supposed to get yummy Danny at the cost of Souffle Girl? A male companion for a change? Instead we stay with never-changing Clara, who keeps upbeat and naive, largely unphased by her boyfriend sacrificing himself. Amy was a strong, independent character - with Oswald, we get the dumbass in distress.

I am under no circumstances arguing the damn sunglasses. It's just hate-bait, move along now, nothing to see here... it'll be a screwdriver soon enough. Not like you could reshoot the next episodes anyway.

Moffat is the man who eats your dreams and craps nightmares in your head... he is so good with scares like that. I hope that will show this season.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon