Reply to post: Re: Creating jobs is easy - creating value is hard.

You want the poor to have more money? Well, doh! Splash the cash

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Creating jobs is easy - creating value is hard.

Wrong, think for a moment about what you spend your extra money on, what percentage is essentials( food, heat, water, a roof over your head) and what luxuries and savings both of which are out of reach of the people of an increasing number in this country.

200 years ago the majority may have been as risk of dying during winter but that was because like you the minority believed they had more right to the wealth than anyone else and actively caused the deaths you are referring to.

Technology has not increased jobs infact it has done this opposite and as to value, this is always relative to the individual, name any wealth you like and I bet you will trade all you own for a weeks worth of food and water when you are starving.

I am not anti-technology it is simply that I dont believe people should have to starve when there is food going to waste only keep the prices high. We do not need to reduce population the west we already have far fewer children than the developing countries so why are you advocating starving people to obtain your meaningless value.

Your idea of value is tat, yes work is easy to create and can have lasting benefits see "the new deal" but unfortunately the people in power now are just like the ones 200 years ago and prefer to see their countrymen starve until a thinking goverment forces them to put back some of what they never had to work for.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon